ALUMINUM CANS BUILD HABITAT FOR HUMANITY HOMES
Money earned from recycling aluminum cans can be donated to Habitat for Humanity to build homes for families in need. Bring your cans to the Habitat ReStore anytime during store hours (M - F, 8 - 4; Sat. 9 - 2). This is an easy way for schools, youth groups, and other organizations to help Habitat!
• The partnership between the Aluminum Association and Habitat for Humanity International began in August of 1997.
• A national recycling network consisting of over 550 Habitat affiliates and 2,000 recycling centers has been established.
• To date, over $1.6 million dollars have been raised by and for Habitat affiliates as part of the ACBHHH program. That equates to 35 houses!
• Habitat affiliates have recycled over 3.8 million pounds of cans through this program.
• Homes funded by aluminum can recycling have been built in Cleveland, Ohio; Denver, Col.; Houston, Tex.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Yuma, Ariz.; LaGrange, Ga. and Americus, Ga., and many other locations across the country.
RECYCLING ALUMINUM CANS:
• The empty aluminum can is worth over a penny. If every American recycled one can today, we could build 56 Habitat houses tomorrow.
• Americans recycled $750 million worth of cans in 2002 - just one percent of that figure could build 150 Habitat for Humanity homes!
• Aluminum is the most recyclable of all materials. 100% of a can ends up as another can in as little as 60 days.
For more information, click on the link below.
Cans for Habitat